Sunday, February 3, 2013

[S-P #3]


  • Camera: Nikon D5100
  • Lens: 18-55mm
  • F-stop: f/4
  • Exposure: 1/30sec
  • ISO speed: ISO2800
  • shot in RAW 


Original final image
before editing
For this shot, I originally had planned to attempt the face symmetry theory (example). But had a difficult time in editing to make it look right or believable. So I backed away from Photoshop for a moment, and thought. I came back with the idea to give my image a mirror effect by reversing the image on one layer, and having them both conjoin somewhere in the middle. Also, I enhanced the lighting in photoshop, since it was dark to begin with.
I liked the outcome, and it keeps the possible theme of not exposing my entire face in one image.

2 comments:

  1. Amanda, this is really cool! It's much different than everyone else's self portraits! First of all I like that there are two of you! I am assuming this is an affect on your camera or on your computer! For people that do not know you, this might mean something about your personality, like a split personality which is really interesting because regardless of whether or not it is true, you have brought a deeper meaning to your photograph! I also like the colors and lighting. It brings a nice amount of contrast to your face which is good! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you took a photo and changed it into a completely different shot. The idea is great and I would even love to see a whole series of subjects reflected. Very deep. I am curious about the ISO though. When I click on the photo to enlarge it a lot of noise comes through. I’m wondering if lowering the ISO could reduce that.
    Great shot. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete