Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wrist wear. [S-P #2]

 
  • Camera: Nikon D5100
  • Lens: 18-55mm
  • F-stop: f/3.5
  • Exposure: 1/60sec
  • ISO speed: ISO450
Original final image,
before editing.
A lot of people have what they call their signature; their make up style. The hat they wear. Their lucky charm, whatever it may be. And I'm no exception. I like to think of my wrist wear as my signature. I wear these items every day, and if something is missing... I feel pretty much uncomfortable and incomplete in my day.
*if you're further curious about the bracelets, be sure to read the long paragraph at the bottom!


As we can see, I'm  keeping up the mystery of not exposing my entire face in the final image. Will it be a lasting theme? I have no idea. I'm finding it tough to get the camera angled correctly for self portraits. And coming up with ideas with each new assignment. But practice makes perfect with these things, and I'm looking foreword to the challenge.




The runner up image
*not edited
On my right wrist, you can see the White and Black bracelet, which reads ROCK*STAR, which I got from my first Jordan Knight solo concert back in March of 2012. My love for New Kids On The Block is something my mom and I both share (2nd Generation Blockhead!), so being able to see her favorite band member live was a great experience and a lot of fun.
On the same wrist, is a white bracelet with white lettering, which reads LEGALIZE LOVE. I believe love is love, and it's not cool that not everybody can be married to the person they love because they just happen to be the same gender.
On the left wrist, the watch is a cheap-type version of a watch my favorite character from my favorite television show wears; Detective Kate Beckett from ABC's Castle.
The other two bracelets on my left wrist have to do with one of my best friends. We both had bracelets on our minds for each other's Christmas gifts. She made me the blue and white one, choosing said colors since they are my favorite (also Yankee colors!). The other bracelet I brought one for each of us, I wear one with her favorite colors and she with mine. It read TWINSALWAYS, which holds a very special meaning between us and our friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment